Let’s look at “non-obvious addictions “and applying the 1rst and 2nd Proposal to non-obvious addictions. Now, if you haven’t watched those videos (or transcripts if your prefer) – please pause and go watch that first proposal. All of my videos are free, my website is free, so please go ahead and do that. The website is below the video (see http://www.facebook.com/CarolinaAramburoAndFriends). You can also drop any questions you have there. I am not selling you anything, I am committed to making a difference. And exchanging information, I give you what I have learn through the videos and if you would, please give me feedback, your opinions, your experiences in the subject, then I can learn from you.
Now, all that said, we are going to apply: “having a profound, authentic relationship with your body because of your imperfections instead of in spite of your imperfections”(2nd Health Proposal) in the area of non-obvious addictions. I am not talking about the addictions we all know: drugs, cigarettes, and alcohol. I am not even talking about the kind of obvious addictions that most people now know like: salt, sodas, etc. I am talking about the non-obvious addictions like;
– the addiction to do – we are addicted to do, do, do, do and never take the full benefit of the stillness that is so restoring & healthy for your body – like meditate. I don’t mean that in a religious way but in a health and well being kind of a way.
– the addiction to stress, you will see that we are addicted to stress in many ways. Not necessarily direct stress but we are addicted to many behaviors that lead to stress unavoidably. For example;
– the addiction to, doing whatever we need to do to come out looking good from situations. I don’t mean physically, I mean like in a conversation we will not admit that we were not correct or that we were inaccurate because it looks bad to be the person that was wrong (could be called the addiction to BEING RIGHT).
– the addiction to being liked; If they ask us to do something that we know is going to be stressful because we are not going to have time to do it we will say “yes”. All kinds of things come out looking good that leads to a lot of stress.
– the addiction to being tough, when something is there that is really upsetting or stressing you we will stay in the stressful situation to be tough because nothing is going to touch you. That is a huge amount of stress for many of us.
– the addiction to avoid, at all cost, coming out wrong in a situation. We will stay in an argument for a long time just to avoid looking like the person that is wrong.
– the addiction to stay awake – many of us are addicted to stay awake and we don’t sleep enough. We even admire the people who can live on 5 hours of sleep. I use to be one of those people – when it is completely unhealthy! Just to begin those are some examples.
….more in the video…